Sunday, June 21, 2009
IMPORTANT ZEN TEACHINGS
1. Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me for the path is narrow. In fact, just go away and leave me alone.
2. Sex is like air. It's not important unless you're not getting any.
3. No one is listening until you fart.
4. Always remember you're unique. Just like everyone else.
5. Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
6. If you think nobody cares whether you're alive or dead, try missing a couple of mortgage payments.
7. Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
8. If at first you don't succeed, bomb disposal is not for you.
9. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
10. If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably well worth it.
11. If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
12. Some days you are the bug; some days you are the windshield.
13. Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
14. Good judgment comes from bad experience, and most of that comes from bad judgment.
15. A closed mouth gathers no foot.
16. There are two strategies for arguing with women. Neither works.
17. Generally speaking, you aren't learning much when your lips are moving.
18. Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
19. We are born naked, wet and hungry and get slapped on the butt ... then it gets worse.
20. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.