Monday, March 22, 2021

A Post Office Job Interview

 A vet goes into the U.S. Postal service to apply for a job. 

The interviewer asks him, “Are you allergic to anything?” 

 He replies, “Caffeine. I can’ drink coffee.”  

"Okay. Have you been in in the military service?"

He says. “Yes. I was in Afghanistan for one tour.” 

The interviewer says, “That will give you 5 extra points toward employment.” 

Then he asks, “Are you disabled in any way?” 

The vet says, “Yes. A bomb exploded near me and I lost both my testicles.”  

The interviewer grimaces and then says, “Disabled in your country’s service! Well that qualifies you more extra bonus points. Okay.” 

"Looking at the regulations you have enough points for me to hire you tight now. Our normal working hours are 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. You can start tomorrow at 10:00 AM."

 The vet is puzzled and asks, “If the work hours are from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, why don’t you want me here till 10:00 AM?”

 “This is a government job,” the interviewer says. “For the first two hours we just stand around drinking coffee and scratching our balls. No point in you coming in for that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment