Sunday, July 12, 2015

race and flags



i don't think I'm alone in this sentiment, but if I am that's fine. I've always been a loner and will probably will always be. You may think of this as a rant, but can't hold it in any longer.

I was born and bred in Alabama and Georgia. First clue! I was taught history in the South and I always thought that everyone else used the same books and encyclopedias and learned the same facts. In all my 67 years, I have never seen the kind of things that people are doing. you are trying to change our Heritage, and you may ultimately win, but not without some resistance.

The Rebel Flag does not hurt anyone, t fly's to show heritage and there were men of color who fought and died for it as well Some people in power and upper classes forget who their ancestors were and how they have risen to their positions today.

Now we are having all this political correctness gone extreme wanting to take the flags down, dig up people from their graves, remove or destroy statues, rename streets, and do whatever the hell they want to do.

Would it be so hard to put it to a vote and let the citizens decide what they prefer. After all, this is still a free country;and I am not a Constitutional scholar, collectively - we are America, a group of United States and are still able to pull away from the union and try to make it on it's own, The war of 1861-1865 was for the states to have the right to pass their own laws that applied to their citizens.

If this path follows the way, things will change. no more SOUTHERN fried chicken, no more Yes Sir and Yes Mam, no more SOUTHERN gallantry or SOUTHERN Belles, no more biscuits and gravy and grits, no more Southern Gospel music, country music (still unsure about, but it is in Tennessee-a Confederate state).

I'm sure I'm missing some things that will also disappear that others may think of later.

God only made one race and nowhere is the color of their skin mention the color of their skin. and as a famous person said: "Racism will never go away until all the OLD WHITE FOLKS DIE." Sorry but I don't think that will be the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment