Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Apologies

 

I hope everyone will accept my apologies for the lack of content during this year. It is getting hard to remember the work ethic that was the various incantations that was Baryon.

From ditto and mimeo to xerox and inkjet to pure electronic content and now to this not frequent enough epistle to my few remaining friends and dare i say "fans"? 

This year started out with a knee replacement and a fall resulting in an ankle injury that is just now almost fully healed. A trip to the hospital for dehydration and kidney failure, then a case of the Covid Delta (I've had three shots and two boosters and still caught it.)

Lately, there have been more falls and strained muscles in my other knee resulting in more hospital time with all kinds of tests. Again, they decided my kidneys weren't working properly, my heart was playing flippity flop with my blood pressure bouncing like a red rubber ball.

This time, they did a total revamp on my meds and so far they are making me feel somewhat better. I would say more human, but don't want to get carried away. The meds keep that out of reach. Sluggish, dizzy, no desire to be creative are what my waking hours are filled with.

Don't get me wrong - I still get joy from my job helping Veterans. After all, I've been in their boots and fought the system, so who is better to help them than a crazy old 75 year old veteran.

Life at 75 is a lot different at 75 than it was at 35 when I started this Baryon journey. Always remember that a baryon is one of the smallest particles of matter and I hope that it has matter a small amont for you.

(See how my mind wanders!)

No comments:

Post a Comment