Saturday, July 1, 2023

Facebook message from Mike Bishop, June 30, 2023

 

It's been a long while -- our adult daughter Stephanie informed Jeri and me recently -- more than a year, in fact, since I've posted any sort of comment on Facebook. My apologies to those who have deserved replies, explanations, pleas for forgiveness.
 
Earlier this week I consigned myself to hospice care, with the advice and consent of my family. I did so to escape the maddening anxiety-producing roller-coaster of contemporary medical care. 
 
This doesn't mean that I am at death's door, only that I recognize the inevitability of its opening for me in the (relatively) near future. I hope, for example, to last at least as long as our hospice-pent (albeit at home) former president Jimmy Carter. But there are no guarantees. 
 
I wish you all well and hope to create at least one more Fairwood Press title, with the help of my nearly lifelong friend, Michael Hutchins, something like "Stolen Faces and Other, Briefer Science Fiction Tales." Blessings on you all.
 
Reposted from Facebook, wiithout permission (forgiveness is asked). Coppyright 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment