Sunday, April 17, 2022

Virginia Tech Anniversary

 May be an image of outdoors

Today I have an anniversary to remember. It is one I can only visit in my mind because no matter how many tears, no matter how many "I love yous" and "Prayers lifted" I say or hear can take the pain away.
 
It is not just my pain. It is the pain of a family that is so very close to my heart. It is the pain of a nation that has forgotten how to feel pain any longer.
 
Fifteen years a ago a person with mental health issues locked a college campus down and went from room to room taking lives.
 
32 lives were taken that day. This day is remembered at Virginia Tech. 
 
The Survivors come to remember friends and teachers. 
 
The Staff comes to console whomever they can. 
 
The Parents come to remember their children taken too soon. 
 
The Parents remember their children every day. But on this day the memories become crystal clear, their emotions operate on a higher level; as if, it were yesterday.
 
My prayers and blessings go out to all touched by this anniversary.
 
I can hope that my dear friends will know that I am there with them in spirit and my heart is full of love.
 
Today, we are all Virginia Tech!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment