Saturday, January 1, 2022

Airpod Misuse

 

A TikTok user shared how she mistook one of her AirPods for Ibuprofen and
accidentally swallowed it. Saying on TikTok that she was sharing this information "for educational purposes," the Boston-based user named @iamcarliiib, explained that she had the pill in one hand. "I was crawling into bed," she says in her TikTok video, "I had Ibuprofen 800 in my right hand and I had my left AirPod in my left hand." "I like threw something back, took my water bottle and took a sip... then realized it wasn't the Ibuprofen," she said. "I tried puking it up and it won't come out." It did come out through the normal course of events, though @iamcarliiib says that she had an x-ray to confirm it. And also that she won't be trying to use that AirPod again.
Separately, she has also revealed in a separate video that the swallowed AirPod was still connected to her iPhone while she was making a call. Consequently, a voice memo she sent a friend included gurgling sounds recorded in her stomach. 

It's not the first time that an AirPod has been swallowed. A Massachusetts man managed to swallow one in his sleep, and a seven-year- old from Georgia was taken to an emergency room after eating one. [appleinsider.com, 11/21/2021] 

No comments:

Post a Comment